Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Logo Design Competition Fail by Alex on 99designs


Logo for feedslide, originally uploaded by Freshalex online.

I thought it would be nice to share this logo I made for a logo design contest on 99designs.com. It was for a web company called Feedslide. I did not win, which is why I added the word "Fail"in the title of this blog post.

The winning logo design is shown below and is by a designer called "crack". His design is a similar concept to mine because it mixes together the "F" and "S" in the logo. And I tried to achieve a similar concept but with a bit more complexity. I guess I can admit that as a logo design, Cracks' design is the better one.



In the end what it all comes down to is personal taste and what works for a company. The Contest Holder chose Cracks design over 118 other logo designs because this logo was the best one suited for his company . It is tough competition out there but it is also fun to be involved in these design contests. I will most likely be entering more design competitions in the future. It is fun.



Unique Business Stationary
blog comments powered by Disqus