Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Freshalex 80's style text wallpaper

I am a fan of all things retro. I especially like sci fi, space imagery. So an 80's style, retro space graphic is something I gravitate to. So I tried making my brand name "freshalex" in this style and this is what I came up with. I was just playing with the text to make it it look 80 style retro. I started to follow a tutorial from Abduzeedo and I ended up changing it a little.

The tutorial from Abduzeedo shows how to create this text effect using a program called Pixelmator, but you can still follow it if you have photoshop or other software. Here is the original tutorial link for 80's Style Text Effect in Pixelmator



Enjoy. You can download my wallpaper here in 1920 x 1080px.

By the way, this typography style was inspired by this website empireisok.com, which I am sure was inspired by some one else and then someone else.



Unique Business Stationary
blog comments powered by Disqus